Event - Quaeye Werelt 2023

BOEM! That's the sound of Medieval cannons after almost 3hrs of sleep the night before and still I'm glad I went to see the great battle of the Quaeye Werelt reenactment. 

"Losing your plumes" is a well known expression in Belgium & France

Here's a short video on Clapper: Cannons & a bard (Put the sound on)

Medieval gunfire

Except some flashes of the battle, some honeywine & icecream with great people and a good hearthy meal with friends afterwards.. the day is a blur. I know it was hot. I know icecream fell on my toes, Alex played the lute for me.. I have probably stepped on peoples feet or hit them with the 200-600mm telelens.. or both.
Luckily my cameras registered all that my mind has forgotten.

Toss a coin to your witcher.When your brain hasn't yet registered that your body has been hit

 Let us hope this time we don't have to wait 3 years till the next edition.

Peace before the storm of battle.The taunting knight

I haven't finished all stills..  not yet.
Once it's done you can find them here on flickr.
Meanwhile you can check where I'll be present next (once I overcome the fatigue) via Facebook 

And here are a few samples:

The takedown

Marching orders have been issued

Link to this article: https://tinyurl.com/QWDeurne2023

Namaste

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Steampunk Legends - trailer

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Warseer - Warhammer 40K Online Campaign

Collab - Verbeke Foundation cosplay day 2024

Event - Elftopia 2021

Age of Zombies for PSP/PS3

Event - Internationale carnavalsstoet Hasselt

Event - Uchronicité 2023