Event - Internationale carnavalsstoet Hasselt

Yes, I know: I had promised to cover only one carnaval's parade per year.
But I have a great excuse: a brandnew camera fell into my lap to experiment with and I needed an event for testing. So no, it was neither the free booze, nor the happy people, nor the smoutebollen that lured me to Hasselt.. those are simply perks of working.

De Oude Belgen

Just to be clear: that Sony A9III is a magnificent camera with crazy specs. I will probably consider buying the 2nd or 3rd generation of its Global Shutter sensor technology, but for now it's great but not needed for what I shoot. Sports and wildlife shooters are the intended targets and they'll enjoy it greatly. 

Hasselt carnaval has a very enjoyable parade wth several international participants & loads of confetti. The 2024 parcours had some very long, straight streets.. perfect to test a huge 300mm f2.8-lens.
Thes most excillerating was however something tiny & strictly personal: I really felt good that day and jumped right into the action, getting in the heart of the parade and having participants pose. Things the überconfident old-Me used to take for granted and of which I feared even a month ago that I wasn't capable of doing anymore.
So all I need now are more good days!

An image gallery: (Click on the arrows on the side to scroll)

Carnaval Hasselt (2024)

All photos can always be found on/downloaded from my Flickr
▷ A "How to download stills from Flickr" tutorial was posted here.
▷ Some highlights might go to Clapper & to  Instagram or even Threads.
▷ Buy Red Cathedral a whisky on Ko-Fi
▷ Updates are on THE Facebook.
▷ Give a follow to this young creative fountation: Deep Red Noise vzw

Best costume of the day: Frituur Tuinwijk.Internationale carnavalsstoet Hasselt.Internationale carnavalsstoet Hasselt

▷ A direct link to this article: https://tinyurl.com/2024carnavalhasselt

▷ Carnaval Tongeren 2024 - http://tinyurl.com/2024carnavaltongeren
▷ Carnaval Pairi Daiza 2024 - https://tinyurl.com/PairiDaizaWinter2024
▷ Carnaval Tongeren 2023 - Right here
▷ Carnaval Brugge 2022 - Right here
▷ Carnaval Veldwezelt 2022 - Right here

Namaste.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Steampunk Legends - trailer

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Warseer - Warhammer 40K Online Campaign

Collab - Verbeke Foundation cosplay day 2024

Age of Zombies for PSP/PS3

Event - Elftopia 2021

Body-Art Festival