Event - Trolls et Légendes 2023

This is a placeholder for the Trolls et Légendes report.. the biggest & brightest fantasy-larp event in Belgium since 2005.
Out of habit I wanted to say "something to look forward to every 2 years", but at the request of the fans it is now an annual fantasy fair.

Sometimes it's all in the details

Let us put the grievances up front:
Never ever was it so crowded on a Sunday.The entire reason for going on Sundays was to have a bit of breathing space and room to take a picture. Well.. not in 2023.. which can only be good for the event itself.
My stubborness is legendary.. hence at certain events I want my galette (= buckweat pancake).. but almost an hour standing in line was also legendary. Luckily during fantasy fairs you can step out of the line to take a picture and step right back in. Thank you for being nice beings.
The entire gang got drunk and I was BOB (= designated driver) I wasn't made to be sober  T-T
The dealers, artists & writers.. because it was impossible to leave the event without buying something. Okay..well actually this means the dealers, artists & books were of a very good quality.. still.. you managed to make me go over budget.. again 😳
This year I missed the opportunity to test some games. Next year I'll drag the gang to a table and force them to play! However, they feared the language barrier. Very understandably so let's try to find a way to make the boardgames, RPG's & wargames on site more open to non-French speakers. I would love to RPG with them.
In the beginning, glass vials that are part of a costume & metal swords were still allowed. Now no event seems to accept those any longer. Very sad, but times have changed.
Seeing the rise in prices of all things LARP, I was hoping to find a corner with bargain deals.. I must have overlooked it.
Placeholder for when I think of more grievances.. I will because I'm mean and I think deeply for long seconds about what might be improved.

One smile suffizes to still the beast

Now the positive:
The weather. Sometimes you have to be thankful for the small things like Sunday having the best weather of the week.
The mead / hydromiel & pancakes. No comment.
The music. And yes, some concerts & performances are completely free. Make sure to check them out. The mixed media happening of Celtic music & live graffiti on the same stage was an original addition.
The creatures roaming the grounds. Dazzling, surprising or horrendous.. they all looked great & were 1000% better humans than the average Joe sitting behind their QAnon message boards.
The quality of the dealers, craftspeople, artists, .. so much more variation than on FACTS for example. Much more dangerous for the wallet.
Such a great place to have a drink and even one to many.. you might even see a pink elephant
A great mix of ages and it's good to see (grand)parents and the kids enjoy their hobby together.
Visiting actors, writers & comic book artists (eventhough I completely forgot to look for Esmeralda Hermans and her fantasy comic.. next time, for sure!)
Extra toilets outside. Damn right!
Axe-throwing .. 'nuff said.
Big thumbs up for security & crew. They were absolutely helpful.
Placeholder for more positive thoughts. (PS. Already another added)

Combining different artforms on 1 stage

Before you ask: "Are these all pictures you made?"
All photos are on Flickr. (UPDATE: all photos are online)
The video will be on Clapper (max 180sec) & Instagram (max 90sec)
Video 01 on Clapper : Axes & unicorns
Video 02 on Clapper : The lich king
Video 03 on Clapper : Wolf attack
For questions or an update on my progress: Fancyfacebook

Just imagine what you might do if you wielded such power?

 Some samples while waiting till I finish processing the photos & videos:

Which one of you can say they autographed a pink delirium elephant?.Beardless Dwarven women are fierce warriors and skillful axe-wielders

EOD - Empire of dust.Elves who hunt elves

Or do you want to spend some time browsing through photos from the past editions?
2022, 2019, 2017, 2015, for the older editions I should check if there are some images left in the archives because I've been visiting trolls & Légendes for Aztek-TV since 2007

Blue dragon shaman.What part of the phrase "I'm not a berserker." didn't you understand?

The king is dead. Long live the lyche-king.This shaman from the Sprawl made me want to play the ShadowRun RPG again

I don't know / How much you want it / But you want more than you need.Thing, you’re a handful

Doom-bunny is ready to dance.I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest

Everybody should be a Disney prinses at least once in their life

Viking Family Values

A meeting of dragons

The tribes have united against Rome.Standing guard at the gate

The blue fire of Elven magic.Hunting Predators by Sébastien Grenier

Horned rabbit or long-eared elk?.The Red Priestess' final form

A Dwarven trollslayer rises to the occasion

Menace imminente - Empire of Dust (look for them on Youtube)

When Hagrid met Fiona

I'm Treebeard.. the Ent.. maybe you know my cousin Groot?.The witch lord of the Deadlands

Angel or demon? The only thing that counts is: Red!.How to calm a Dwarf? Give 'em a warhammer

Blue dragon ear attack

Belenius

ALL eyes towards the camera guys.. [repeat 5 times]

House Stark has called upon its bannermen

Queens of Spring

Warriors will never admit it, but they need the support of magicwielders.Colourful pointy-eared visitors

I’m a werewolf, not a golden retriever..The rope that pulls you from the flood can become a noose around your neck.

I hurt myself today to see if i still feel

Orkimedes, greenskin philosopher explaining the master-slave morality dichotomy

Together, my lord Sauron, we shall rule this Middle-earth.In the old D&D (AD&D 2nd edition) we would mercilessly butcher all raiding orcs.. in today's rules things are different

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me..The Fourth Kind

Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.. (Drizzt).Wickie the Viking with braids

The Elvish Cyrano de Bergerac

Sometimes all it takes is a human warrior to get the job done.. an easy job.. a very easy job..

Best pauldrons of the day

Namaste and see you in Elfia

Spot the 2 NOT drunken visitors of Trolls et Légendes

"Why not try to create a widget to show some Instagram reels?"
I thought one evening.. silly me:


And yes, up until yesterday it was IG reels + YT shorts..
but then my trial version ended and I switched to the free version which does not support YT

The end

A link to this article:  https://tinyurl.com/Ttollsetlegendes2023


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Steampunk Legends - trailer

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Warseer - Warhammer 40K Online Campaign

Collab - Verbeke Foundation cosplay day 2024

Age of Zombies for PSP/PS3

Event - Elftopia 2021

Event - Internationale carnavalsstoet Hasselt

Body-Art Festival