Event - O Parade Genk

This morning's goal was to upload the 1st images from the MOD cosplay event I visited yesterday.. yet suddenly I realised that I had completely forgotten to share some pictures from the O-Parade earlier this month. Blame it on work (tradefairs, Pairi Daiza photowalks, videoclips, webinars, shoots,.. life is back to normal and I need to get used to it again)!

Touching the octopus

Before I always thought the O-Parade in Genk and the Zinneke Parade in Brussels were about the same age. A big mistake from my side. Zinneke started in 2000, and the O-parade is apparantly already 67 years "Old".. Maybe that's what the "O" stands for? Luckily the acts, the costumes and the massive public interest make it feel everything except old. Going from steampunk & giant balloon art, over the mesmerizing Queens of May and inspiration to support our bees, butterflies and flowers, to scifi-imagery reminding me of Star Wars and Mad Max.

Meeting eye-to-eye.One of the ravissing May princesses

I think next year I won't be planning anything else that day so I can focus on the O-Parade and its gorgeous creatures.
And I'll bring other lenses than this 35 year old vintage Minolta lens I had on the camera because I had needed it for another shoot earlier that day. It gives a vintage look.. softer and with warmer colours as if someone greased the optics with honey. It has a certain charm to it.

Flowers - bees - butterflies - .. they all need eachother.. and we need them all!

All pictures are on Flickr.
A very short videoclip will be on Clapper soon.

Are they abducting the elephant from it's African home with the help of local power/money hungry warlords?.Life in a bowl

Yes, that's it! Said the Hatter with a sigh, it's always tea time. (Lewis Carroll).O-Parade Genk

A parade of steampunk cats from Venice.Watching the O-Parade in different levels (Genk)

I thought it was the ABC of flowers, not the KBC.Les ravissantes dauphines de la Reine de Mai

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Steampunk Legends - trailer

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Event - O-Parade Genk (2024)

Warseer - Warhammer 40K Online Campaign

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024

Event - Elftopia 2021

Collab - Verbeke Foundation cosplay day 2024

Age of Zombies for PSP/PS3

Event - Uchronicité 2023