Event - Castlefest 2024

We were so scared!
Scared it would rain.. Being wet all day isn't fun. Having the car getting stuck in a drowned parking meadow is not optimal. Getting the cameras soaked is really bad.. but the worst about rain is the mud & puddles that make everything impassable with a wheelchair

However there was no need to be scared: Castlefest had some nice Sunday Summer weather!

When Roman tribunes start believing the pagan ways are better

And that wasn't the only nice thing.

But let's start with a few links:

All photos can always be found on/downloaded from my Flickr and here!
▷ A "How to download stills from Flickr" tutorial was posted here.
▷ Some highlights might go to Clapper & to Instagram or even Threads.
▷ Buy Red Cathedral a whisky on Ko-Fi
▷ Updates are on THE Facebook.
▷ Give a follow to this young creative foundation: Deep Red Noise vzw/asbl who will soon bring you #TheRed360 (incl. a new Tiktok account)

The full gallery (Click on the arrows on the side to scroll):  

Castlefest (2024)

UPDATE: 100% is edited & uploaded (So come and check it again in a few days)

The LONG video is on Clapper and on Tiktok.

Was it fun?

Foodwise: expensive but delicious garlic bread & other treats,
Boozewise: Filling the drinking horns with mead is part of CF-life
Peoplewise: How many times (2023, 2022, 2019) must I repeat myself? Both the people I roamed the fields with, as the familiar faces, as the random encounters are some of the kindest souls you can find. One can only hope it will stay that way.
Crewwise: For some strange reason, every time I find myself being helped by some crew member, or being kindly treated, or simply been made to smile. There might be a chance they're true Castlefesters at heart. This year a huge thanks to the friendly crew at the entrance for the disabled,
Musicwise: All mayor fantasy fairs have become exceedingly expensive, and I can't help but thinking CF is the only one still worth the price. Why? Every year there are at least 1 or 2 bands playing that I really want to see. If you pay a concert ticket for those bands, you're paying at least the same price as a CF-ticket.. yet the latter includes possibly discovering new (future) great bands, all the CF-fun and all-day entertainment. This year I went for Faun and boy did they NOT disappoint!
Shopping- & entertainmentwise: With a wheelchair, and the stops for casual chats & the resting moments for friends in pain, I managed to do 1 tour of the fair. so I missed most of the shows & parades. However, in the steampunk garden we did get a wonderful illustrated history of Absinthe.. and had it been raining I might have been found painting in the gamestent.
Cosplaywise: Unlike Elfia where you go to see the most impressive costumes, CF costuming is more casual, more light-hearted and more "just for fun or because I felt like it". It's just people enjoying themselves and I like that..
Cosplayphotowise: Let's admit that I hadn't shot a cosplay event since April (and CF was only the 3rd of 2024 as I had predicted), and shot no events whatsoever since June.. so it took me most of the day to get back into the right mindset to step up to people for a picture. Filming short videoclips or looking for special angles/shots will be for when or if I feel more at ease with humans again,
Frenchwise: After discovering the 1st CF Dutchie at Trolls-et-Légendes earlier this year, I ran into plenty of Frenchies at CF. I love it when people travel to discover new events. It reminds me of my old days traveling all over the Old Continent for those.

So yes, it was fun and exhausting.. and I no loger have a voice after cheering on Thursday for Channel Zero and on Sunday for Faun.

While you wait for me to finish editing the images, please enjoy this gallery with old CF stills (Click on the arrows on the side to scroll):

Castlefest (2009-2023)

The old Castlefest video's can still be found on Insta & Clapper

A direct link to this article:  https://tinyurl.com/Castlefest24
 

The video for Instagram was shaortened to 90 seconds.
The longer version is
on Clapper and on Tiktok

 
Namaste & till Elftopia

 

 

 

 

 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Event - Elftopia 2024

Taxidermia

Event - Middel-Erde 2022 (Avelgem)

Collab - Halloween at Verbeke Foundation

Samurai Warriors 2 & Romance of the 3 Kingdoms XI

Asianim 2008 - Luik (1-2 november)

Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa signing session in London

Shadows of a dying world

Land Ironclads - Victorian SciFi ground combat

Event - Japan Con / Brussels Manga 2023