Collab - Verbeke Foundation cosplay day 2024

A few weeks ahead of the first cosplay shoot day of 2024 in the Verbeke Foundation I had wisely estimated that I would run into & make pictures of 10% of all cosplayers. That was a gross misestimation.. I think it's closer to 5%.
Every edition organizer Geert seems to double the number of participants. I still don't know how he manages, but kudos for gathering somewhere around 240 participants.

Through the foxhole

Let's start with a few links:

All photos can always be found on/downloaded from my Flickr and here!
▷ A "How to download stills from Flickr" tutorial was posted here.
▷ Some highlights might go to Clapper & to Instagram or even Threads.
▷ Buy Red Cathedral a whisky on Ko-Fi
▷ Updates are on THE Facebook.
▷ Give a follow to this young creative foundation: Deep Red Noise vzw

Such as the summer-sleepy Dryads weave (AC Swinburne).Did you know that I started photography in 1996? Could there be something hidden in those 6's and 9's?.The Darkseid will never be fully eradicated

Here's the image gallery: (Click on the arrows on the side to scroll)

Verbeke Foundation Cosplay Day (2024)

UPDATE: 100% is processed & uploaded

That Sunday I was in a very looking through mood.. maybe the white wine during Second Breakfast & during Elevenses in the Verbeke-cafetaria had something to do with it. Maybe it's just part of my signature style that on occasion still lingers. Less conceptual or dramatic action shots than the Halloween shoot. Less enviromental shots than during the castle shoot. But I'm satisfied with several of the foregrounds I found this time around to shoot through.

Some results from the 2023 shooting days at Verbeke: Click here

How did I discover cosplay?
I started photography in 1996. Newspaper- & VIP-work were the first jobs. Did plenty of jobs featuring fast(looking) cars and for organisations aiding wildlife in the early-mid 2000's.
It wasn't until September 16th 2006 that I discovered cosplay while making a report on a gamesfair in Paris. Up until then I had only met paid models/actors/actrices cosplaying videogame characters on the big games fairs like ECTS London.
In 2008 I had doubtlessly the first ever book dedicated to European cosplay published. 
Shortly after I organised the official cosplay photobooths on FACTS, and other (less long-lived) events for Aztek-TV. Got to say hi all over Europe on the big cosplay events. Back when geek fairs were still the Wild Wild West instead of corporate money-grabs.
It's véry véry véry rare to see me be fully satisfied with an image. I've been trained to see all errors in the making or editing.. and I notice every single one in my own shots.. but then I think: Meh, I'm only human.

An image gallery with some post Covid cosplay samples:
(Click on the arrows on the sides to scroll)

Post-C19 Cosplay samples

A direct link to this article: https://tinyurl.com/2024VFCD

No, I didn't shoot any video this time.. I should have though!

Peace  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Steampunk Legends - trailer

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Warseer - Warhammer 40K Online Campaign

Event - Elftopia 2021

Age of Zombies for PSP/PS3

Event - Internationale carnavalsstoet Hasselt

Body-Art Festival