Collab - Melanie Martinez' Portals

There seems to be a misunderstanding about the concept of a Signature Style.
Many artists & creatives have one. Yet unlinke what people think, a truly free creative mind doesn't limit itself to making only things that fit within the limits of this signature style.
No, that's something social media influencers do. 

Some Beings coming through the portals bring Colours to reality

Viewers will know something has been made by a certain artist when they recognize a certain signature style, but any artist can make thousands of works that have a different footprint and be just as happy with these works.
Breaking your own rules and colouring outside of the lines of the square are forms of creative escape.. of rebirth.

Hope you never cope, hope you slip on soap

Some artists even go so far as breaking with their signature style and building themselves up again from the ground. David Bowie is a prime example. He re-invented himself over and over like a creative chameleon.

I'm not just anybody Caught in a haze and hypnotized.I'm not fiction, I'm not fate, I won't lick your wounds today

Last month another artist also shedded their skin. My attention got caught by a strong branding campaign of Youtube shorts. Instead of the usual teaser campaign, the origin story of a new creature was told. Okay-okay, Melanie Martinez' music isn't the genre I listen to normally, but the visuals are both quirky + strong. A litteral rebirth. Respect!

And then suddenly you get the chance to do a shoot featuring a cosplay inspired by this newborn look? And you're allowed to bounce around some less everyday ideas? Thank you Azra.

.

My own signature style is a bit too gritty, too edgy & too unclean for most viewers. My signature love for foregrounds is often missing during event portraiture.. but this time I maxxxed it out.
So: sorry for your eyes, but I didn't feel like making something generally acceptable .. not even something ordinary for everyone to appreciate. Maybe I should have made at least 1 normal shot to please the cosplayer.. alas I was in my trip. Sorry.. euhm.. who am I kidding? Saying sorry for doing my thing? Naaaah.

Legend, cells and flesh I'm re-building all my insides, bright to see the future.Be the manic pixie dream girl that you fucking oughta be

If you bite my hand again I will never feed you, you can call me evil.You aren't around, I sink into the ground

But wait.. we shot video aswel.. maybe that'll be more.. normal? Or maybe not..
Videos will go to Clapper & Instagram
All photos will soon be on Flickr. (Yes, still working on the remainder)
Requests about my progress and hateposts are very welcome via the FancyFaceBook

A Melanie Martinez cosplay shoot featuring Azra Cricket.Out of the egg into the world

"Why not try to create a widget to show some Youtube shorts & Instagram reels?" I thought one drunken evening:

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Steampunk Legends - trailer

Event - O-Parade Genk (2024)

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Collab - Verbeke Foundation cosplay day 2024

Event - Elftopia 2021

Infinite Crisis: scorch your enemies with flames of Rao, as Arcane Supergirl!

Age of Zombies for PSP/PS3

Event - Manga & Cosplay festival 2022

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024